Excerpts from two letters just received. We still don't have any current news about Drew . . .wonder how many others he has contaminated? LL
June 15, 2009
Padres,
I've got some bad news :( I sent my other letter that you probably got by now. (we didn't!) I mentioned that I wasn't feeling good and I thought I was getting better. But I thought wrong! I felt good in the morning (other than my throat). Right before lunch it got worse; started getting chills and throat really hurt. I tried to tough it out but right after a meeting, as dinner was about to start, I asked my companion to go with me to the health clinic. Yep - you guessed it, I got the flu! The swab came up positive and I have a temp of 100.5. I'm pretty bummed. I don't want to get behind my district. There is a teacher here (in isolation) but we just reviewed because everyone is at different levels so its hard. We can't go anywhere or do anything, but I can send/receive letters, no packages. They said the worst of it lasts about 10-12 hours, so hopefully I have seen the worst of it. But some in here got pneumonia from it. Don't worry about me, though, I'll be fine in quarantine in my own room trying to keep my studies up. They said I'll be out by Friday (hopefully) - usual is 5 days. Not sure how I got it, though :(
June 13, 2009
Good to hear from you on "Dear Elder" . . .My two teachers haven't been here. One's sick (hmmm) and one's out of town but we have had subs for teachers in our zone and they are great. It's really hard here; the days are so long and it's sometimes hard to concentrate! I have felt the spirit and sometimes I feel really good. I know this is where I need to be . . . I haven't been feeling good either, not really sick but achy, weak, tired, etc. And my throat was a little swollen. Today I didn't feel good at all but I hung in there . . . our teacher was amazing and really taught us how to teach the 1st lesson. There was an amazing spirit. Today we had gym for the first time which really helped. Elder Davis and I played beach volleyball with guys from our zone, it was fun. I felt a lot better after. My throat is pretty much better and I don't ache as much. But to make the end of the day better, my district all taught each other the first lesson in turn with someone as investigator and gave feedback which was good and I felt the Spirit . . . Tomorrow is my first Sunday here and everyone says it is very chill and relaxing; no class, just own study time and do what you want. . . My Spanish has been coming great. I have learned so much in the 5 days I've been here . . . I love you guys and hope to hear from you soon. Elder Ludwig
PS - I saw Tyler and Matt Stucki but haven't had a chance to talk to them. I also saw Brandon Miller from SVU baseball and talked to him for a minute.
June 15, 2009
Padres,
I've got some bad news :( I sent my other letter that you probably got by now. (we didn't!) I mentioned that I wasn't feeling good and I thought I was getting better. But I thought wrong! I felt good in the morning (other than my throat). Right before lunch it got worse; started getting chills and throat really hurt. I tried to tough it out but right after a meeting, as dinner was about to start, I asked my companion to go with me to the health clinic. Yep - you guessed it, I got the flu! The swab came up positive and I have a temp of 100.5. I'm pretty bummed. I don't want to get behind my district. There is a teacher here (in isolation) but we just reviewed because everyone is at different levels so its hard. We can't go anywhere or do anything, but I can send/receive letters, no packages. They said the worst of it lasts about 10-12 hours, so hopefully I have seen the worst of it. But some in here got pneumonia from it. Don't worry about me, though, I'll be fine in quarantine in my own room trying to keep my studies up. They said I'll be out by Friday (hopefully) - usual is 5 days. Not sure how I got it, though :(
June 13, 2009
Good to hear from you on "Dear Elder" . . .My two teachers haven't been here. One's sick (hmmm) and one's out of town but we have had subs for teachers in our zone and they are great. It's really hard here; the days are so long and it's sometimes hard to concentrate! I have felt the spirit and sometimes I feel really good. I know this is where I need to be . . . I haven't been feeling good either, not really sick but achy, weak, tired, etc. And my throat was a little swollen. Today I didn't feel good at all but I hung in there . . . our teacher was amazing and really taught us how to teach the 1st lesson. There was an amazing spirit. Today we had gym for the first time which really helped. Elder Davis and I played beach volleyball with guys from our zone, it was fun. I felt a lot better after. My throat is pretty much better and I don't ache as much. But to make the end of the day better, my district all taught each other the first lesson in turn with someone as investigator and gave feedback which was good and I felt the Spirit . . . Tomorrow is my first Sunday here and everyone says it is very chill and relaxing; no class, just own study time and do what you want. . . My Spanish has been coming great. I have learned so much in the 5 days I've been here . . . I love you guys and hope to hear from you soon. Elder Ludwig
PS - I saw Tyler and Matt Stucki but haven't had a chance to talk to them. I also saw Brandon Miller from SVU baseball and talked to him for a minute.

No comments:
Post a Comment