Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Amazing Experience
Madre, Padre, . . . I want to share with you an amazing experience I had this week to end this note. Thought you might enjoy it. So as you know, the new Mission Presidents are here and on Friday we had a special fireside that the new presidents and the missionaries got to go to. We all got the opportunity and privilege to hear from Jeffrey R. Holland and were also in the presence of other Apostles such as David A. Bednar, L. Tom Perry, Dallin H. Oaks, Richard G. Scott, Quinton L. Cook, D. Todd Christopherson, Neil L. Anderson, and I think the presidents of the 70. It was like a mini general conference, it was awesome! Holland's talk was entitled "The Divine Companioship" and he tried to share things for both the missionaries and the new presidents. Some things he taught: The power of the Holy Ghost is central to everything we do in missionary work. The role of the Holy Ghost is to teach by the Spirit. Good quote by Jesus Christ, "I say unto you be one, and if ye not be one, ye are not mine" (companionship and marriage), the Holy Ghost is our third companion, that heaven sends 3 (Godhead) and the principle of 3 witnesses (3 Nephi 11:32, 36), the Spirit teaches all things and brings all things to our remembrance, D&C 42:14-17 - "If ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach" - "shall" - forbidden to teach without the spirit - sounds like a commandment! Thought this was interesting, can go along with everyone not just missionaries, though, he said ask yourself everynight, "Was the Holy Ghost the Senior companion, Junior companion, or was he even in the companionship at all?" One last thing he said that was very touching was "Welcome to the work of Angels". And then he said that we are those angels. I don't think I've ever heard an Apostle call us Angels before, or at least not me. It was so great to hear him talk and what an amazing spirit was felt. Seems like whenever times are hard, the Spirit tells me that it will be OK and to keep working hard and then things get better. . .It was an amazing experience. After the devotional on my way back to class I did see President and Sister Albright. I waved and they waved back but I'm not sure if they knew who I was or recognized me because there were a lot of missionaries around waving to others, so I don't know. A lot of people in my zone and even a counselor in my zone said they saw President Eyring talking with the Prophet in the parking lot which is right outside my class building but I didn't get to see but still thought it was neat . . . Well, hope to hear from you soon. I love and miss you both! con amor, Elder Ludwig
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment