This weeks’ hastily written letter and email combined:
Hola familia, I liked getting all your DearElders this week. Glad to hear everyone is doing good. So one thing I’m really confused about was the changing of the ward boundaries. Is there a new ward or just moving people around into different wards? Do you still have all your friends with you? As for the RC, my companion’s had some new experiences and I’ve helped him with that since we can’t be on at the same time but it’s really cool to answer people’s questions, especially when it makes sense to them. Last night in the TRC was pretty good. It was our first time teaching the second lesson in Spanish. There are still a lot of things I still can’t say – especially when it comes to asking questions. But it’s OK – it will come. Good spirit again, though, seemed like we helped them with all of their needs. . . . The language is mostly coming along pretty well so far. It’s way fun to speak in Spanish when you actually know how to say things. I wish I knew a few more common words we would use. Most of my Spanish is gospel words, but I’m not saying that is a bad thing! I had a cool experience last Saturday in zone conference. We taught other missionaries but they had “doubts”. I learned that we need to care for our investigators, not just teach lessons. I learned that it’s good to understand how they feel and understand their questions and to have conversations which will help them rather than just talking at them. It was a very spiritual experience, for me at least. I don’t know about the other people in the zone but maybe it’s because I keep wanting to learn so the Lord helped me see new things☺ Got Tara’s brownies, way good!:) And the stationery – thank you! Way cool! I loved the Angels shirt and yes it fits so I was happy about that. Too bad the economy still isn’t good☹ I hope Tay can find a job soon. I’ll pray for him to find one. Tell him and Hayley hello and I love them for me. Oh, I loved Trish’s family pictures you sent, HAHA!! Laughed at them, hilarious to see Scott in that outfit. Tell them hi along with everyone else. No news on being delayed yet. Guess that’s a good thing, but haven’t got our travel plans yet either, so who knows what’s happening. Usually we are supposed to have them by now. Some of they elders are saying that they changed the rules for Visa in Buenos Aires and that you don’t need one to live there, just a passport, and they are trying to change that in all of Argentina but are starting with Buenos Aires. So if that’s true, we won’t get held back but the three Elders going to Salta might. But again, no word! I’ve seen Seth and all the other baseball players from SVU around a lot. There are five of us total here and we are trying to meet next Sunday to get a picture with all of us which would be cool. One thing I love about being here is the Spirit. Talking/learning/teaching or listening you can feel the Spirit. I love my teachers, too, and the other teachers in the zone. They teach us so much and they know so much. I don’t know if I already told you but one of my teachers, Hermano Spenier, who served in Spain served with Darren Brown from SVU and played ball with him a little after their missions. Crazy, huh. I’ve been pretty happy the past couple of days. Well, I always am happy, but MORE happy I think. . . ☺ My companion may have been distracted in the past by his girl. But I'm not my compaion and I'm stronger than that! Know I’m still doing way good. It’s been hard being here for so long and studying all the time. It’s tiring but I’m still trying my best and trying to give my all. I’m still learning tons. I love and miss you all, but I’m happy to serve the Lord. Love you much. Thanks for all your help and for sending me everything I need! Con amor, Elder Ludwig ☺


No comments:
Post a Comment