


Boys just gotta have fun! Way cool tie, Elder Luddy
Part of letter received with small package:
Hola! Como le va? Bien parami! . . . Saturday we had an "English fast" where we only spoke in Spanish all day and we had to use dictionaries to find words we didn't know. It was fun. It really helps us to learn and speak Spanish. Later in the day we learned some confusing stuff and then right after class we had to teach part of the first lesson in Spanish. I know how to say most of it but right when we started I forgot everything and couldn't remember Spanish. My head felt like it was going to explode from what we had just learned and then trying to translate the lesson in my head. I got frustrated and the rest of my day wasn't good at all. I got pretty discouraged about it. And I was exhausted. I have been trying to just give everything I have during study time and it's really helped, just very tiring! I'm doing better now, just wish I could speak as much Spanish as I would like to. I'm still having a good time, though. My district is way tight and fun. Our roommates, Elder Nelson and Elder Anderson left today for Chile! I'll miss them. They were way cool and helped me a lot but we do get our own room now which is nice and I get the bottom bunk now, too! We had a fireside last night by the Cleggs. President Clegg is one of the counselors in the MTC Presidency. Their whole family was there and they all participated. It was way cool. They sang and the little kids were so funny, just like when the Primary kids sing in Church. It made me miss all my nieces and nephews. It's weird to think Tara is having another one soon. What do you think it will be? I say girl! . . . Well I hope everything is going well at home. I miss everyone a lot. Tell everyone hi for me and I love them. I love you and miss you so much! Talk to you soon. Con Amor, Elder Ludwig
7/16/09 email:
HEY!!,
How you doing Madre? So what exactly are you going to Utah for, just to hang out, or something in particular? Dad coming too? Yeah sorry about my song requests (asked us to re-load nano with “livelier” church/mission approved music on the lines of Something Corporate! – HA) but they will be greatly appreciated:) Umm, Erik and I were thinking if you could send us some normal dr. pepper (with caffeine lol-YEAH, RIGHT!) because it’s good and they don’t have any dr. pepper in Argentina so I need it while I can, thanks mama. And also some cookies, those ones grandma sent me were good the oatmeal chocolate chip ones. But there was a lot so Erik and I could share them, or if not those - any others are good, I don’t want many sweets, you know I don’t like tons of sweets but whatever works. Everyone’s doing better. I think sometimes people might just say they are happy when they aren’t, but I wasn’t like that, I told you how I was feeling, and that’s what made it better because everyone helped me:) That’s crazy Ben is already graduating, tell him congrats, next time you talk to them and tell them hi and I miss them.
I’m pretty excited to hear what Tara is having, so yeah you should let me know what it is right away, that would really make Kate happy if its a girl, so hopefully.
I did see Seth and Jordan Sargeant from SVU baseball. I thought Seth would be in my zone because the new Elders in our district are all going to El Salvador, too, but it didn’t work out, but at least I saw him, that was good. I’m glad I know a lot more people around here now it’s fun to see them. I saw Tyler the past couple of days, he leaves Tuesday, crazy! but he’s excited to go. It’s cool to see him, too. No new roommates though, I don’t think we will which is good, I like having the room to ourselves because there’s more room for our stuff lol.
I have been feeling better about the language, I know I won’t learn it all here but I’m working hard to learn as much as I can. Like you said about Shelby, I have also really learned to rely on the Lord, it's really amazing how he is actually there to help us when we do what’s right. I also know that I will need Him a lot more when I’m in the field though! The TRC last night went good. No one showed up in our assigned room so we taught our teacher. I couldn’t say everything I wanted to and I forgot some tings to say but our lesson went good, we didn’t say everything perfect in Spanish but she understood what we were trying to say and felt the spirit and that’s all that matters. I’m so grateful for the spirit, I know I’ve told you before but its amazing the things you can say through the spirit and not even realize it!
Everything has been good, I can’t complain about anything. My district is way fun, we work hard but we still have fun with each other which I’m really grateful for, it helps me do better with a fun environment. I still miss everyone, though. I haven’t heard from a lot of people lately which is kind of sad but I know everyone is busy so its ok. I’m glad to hear that Mat and Cameron are doing well, I enjoy getting parts of their letters from you and I’ll try to write Mat soon, and Cameron when I get to Argentina, Well I don’t have much time left but I hope to hear from you soon, I know I will! Tell everyone hi and I love them. Thanks for everything you and dad do for me I love and miss you sooo much.
con amor,
Elder Ludwig

No comments:
Post a Comment