It has been a very good week! We almost doubled every goal we made last week. It's amazing how much the Lord is blessing this area. We have one baptism this Sunday and two or three the week after. We also had seven new investigators attend church this past Sunday, which was awesome. So we should have a lot more baptisms coming up. Some of the less-actives are attending church again, too, so that’s good. We contact a lot of people in the streets, also, and have been really busy everyday. It is tough. We walk a lot and it has been kind of hot the past couple of days - and it’s still winter! Can’t wait to see how the summer is going to be:/ lol. The language has been getting better, gradually. I have been teaching parts of the lessons a little bit more and I always share my testimony. I also usually share the scripture when we’re only doing a visit or have a lunch appointment. So I’m getting in some pretty good practice actually speaking with people. I do street contacts, too, which is pretty fun! Haha. Elder Steed and I are practicing a robot contact! I’ll let you know how it goes. Teaching the gospel is a privilege and is awesome but you’ve still got to have fun doing it, right? Yep that’s right! We dug a hole for service yesterday for a family. We borrowed some shovels from our ward mission leader and I broke the one I was using! Part of it was wood and it just snapped right in half. I felt kind of bad. It was so cool last week - I did a bus contact for the first time. I asked the driver if I could talk with everyone, then stood in front and told them we were missionaries and shared a little bit about the restoration as I was holding up a book of Mormon. Then we went and shared a little more with everyone individually and asked if we could come by their houses to share some more. I got an address from a family with three kids, and my companion got two other addresses, so combined we got three which wasn’t too bad. I was pretty scared to do it, as you know I’m pretty shy and scared to talk in front of people but I gave it a whirl and I felt good afterwards. Some people aren’t the nicest, though. One time we said hi to someone from the street while he was in his yard. All we said was HI and then he just said, “I don’t believe in God - just keep walking. And one other time I was on the bus and my comp. was talking to someone. I gave a pamphlet about the Articles of Faith to two other guys. I guess they were pretty religious. I couldn’t really understand what they were saying back to me so I thought they were interested and I shared a couple more things. They kept saying something to me. I told them I didn’t understand. Then when they were leaving the bus they said something else to me. I asked my comp what they said. He said they told me I was wrong and other crazy stuff! It was funny because I thought they liked my message! Ha. But other than that, it’s been good. Most of the people are really nice here. We have zone conference tomorrow and President is going to be there. I’m looking forward to that because I know I’m going to learn from him. He is so inspirational and teaches us how to be better missionaries. It will be so good. It’s amazing how many blessings the Lord gives us. I have recognized so many as I have been here, in my mission, and have seen a lot of little miracles that bless me and my companion and the people in Vucetich. Know that I am doing well, am having a lot of good experiences already and know that I will have more. I miss you all so much but I still know I need to be here, Christ went through so much for us and all he asks is for two years of my life. That’s nothing compared to what He went through. Then He will also bless me for my service. Remember to be thankful for everything we have in our lives. Love you all, talk to you next week. Con amor, Elder Ludwig

Answers to a few of Mom’s questions:
The young man we baptized last week is Edgar Gomez and he already wants to serve a mission. I haven’t taken a lot of pictures because I don’t carry my camera with me because I don’t want it to get stolen but I’m going to buy a hard drive attachment so I can email pictures. Hopefully I’ll have it by next week. I actually live in Jose C. Paz, which isn’t in our area. We live on top of a store by a little park or plaza. For food, we buy bread, fruits, cheese, snacks noodles and yogurt. The yogurt is liquid here – sweet! haha. The members usually feed us lunch. Then we eat again when we get back to our apartment at night. Our schedule: 6:30 wake up, eat, exercise, and get ready. 8 to 9 is personal study, 9 to 10 comp study, 10 to 10:30 language tempo de estudio. 1 to 2 lunch and the rest is appointments and finding people. The weather's been nice. I used the umbrella once, don’t need rain shoes - but my shoes are really dirty, lol. Only idea for b’day package: snacks or a tie.
google earth pictures of the plaza and buildings near Drew's apartment in Jose' C. Paz




No comments:
Post a Comment