Hello hello my dear family and friends,:)
So yeah, sad news, Maria didn’t get baptized...again. It was because of the rain Saturday night. It started raining around 8:30 P.M. so luckily we weren’t really out in it too much. It was probably the hardest rain I’ve ever seen and the loudest thunder, too, with lots of lightning. It was the coolest storm ever. When we got off the bus to walk to our apartment, which was not even a block away, the back of my pants and shirt were completely soaked! Ridiculous, huh? It was fun, though. It rains at least once a week now. It’s raining a bit today, too. It’s been getting hot, too, and the mosquitoes are starting to come out. I already have tons of bites, those little punks! But anyways, yeah we are going to try again this Sunday for Maria’s baptism. She felt really bad her Mom said. That would have been cool if she got baptized this past Sunday because that’s the same day I was baptized, the 11th, but can’t do anything about that now. The 14-year-old, Rubén, might be getting baptized this Sunday too, with Maria, but we haven’t decided yet. His brother is a less-active member so we want to get him to come. His parents are Catholic and it would be nice if we got them to come, too, so we will see. He’s a real winner. He reads everyday and comes to church and just loves it, it’s awesome. Other than that, we have another baptism for the 24th of October and we’re still trying to get the majority of our investigators to get married. Most of them are really liking the church and the things we teach and are really opening up, which is a great sign. My comp had divisions with the zone leader Monday, so I got to go to San Miguel and do divisions with his companion who is from Lima, Peru. It was nice to have a change of scenery for a day and to be in a little nicer place! And since he was from Peru, that helped me with my Spanish. He actually speaks pretty good English, too, because we also teach our Latino comps how to speak English. We had a really good lesson though, one of the best ones I’ve had in awhile. We taught a family the first lesson and the spirit was just amazing, especially when I shared the first vision. They said they felt something, like a feeling of peace and they could feel it throughout their whole bodies. I could just see how happy they were and how the spirit just testified to them of the truth of this Church. It’s amazing how powerful the spirit is, ahh - I love it. Especially when we teach the restoration, there’s no way this can’t be the true church. I’m so grateful to be able to teach people about what we have. My favorite thing is to see the change the people have in their faces and attitudes when they feel the spirit during the lessons. So I hope that family keeps doing well. So the letter we got today from the mission president said......that Elder Bednar and Elder Snow from the Seventies (I think) are coming in November! That’s going to be sweeet! And that MIGHT mean that I MIGHT see some kid - oh what’s his name? Oh yeah, Elder Brooks, lol. Because usually when an Apostle comes, our mission and BA West meet up, so I’m pretty stoked for that. That’s going to be a good experience. Oh, and I think I forgot to tell you that our mission did accomplish our goal for doubling the baptisms from last year. We needed 48 more baptisms that last week and we ended up getting 51. That’s nuts, huh?! The Lord said we could do it, and with obedience and hard work we accomplished it. Our mission is really being blessed right now. The Lord promises so many things and when we do our part it’s amazing the things that can happen.
This week there have been some trials in some of the members lives here, but it’s amazing how strong some of their testimonies are. They have such strong faith and patience through their trials. That’s one thing I’ve really learned this week - that patience and faith are huge in our lives - with anything. They are both small words in Spanish. Faith is just, “fe”. But they both mean so much. Even though I haven’t had big trials in my life, I know it’s even important to have patience and faith during the small trials because sometimes the little things turn into bigger things. So just remember that - to have faith and patience and rely on the lord in everything, because He loves us so much and wants to help us through our trials.:)
Thanks for all of the birthday gifts and letters:) And for the HUGE amount of Halloween candy, holy moly. I’ve eaten so much. I’m going to get so fat! I’m glad to hear everything is going well. I love and miss you all so much! Have a wonderful day - and week, and remember to smile,
:D!
Talk to you all laters,
Con amor,


No comments:
Post a Comment