So transfers were today and.......... I’m still here in Vucetich with Elder Garrett! Which means that I’ll be here for at least two more transfers because this is Elder Garrett’s last transfer so I can’t leave, too. There was only one change in our district and the new Elder who is coming is Elder Anderson. No one knows him. Hope he is cool! We will meet him tomorrow in District meeting. I’m glad I’m still here in this area, obviously I’ve had a lot of awesome experiences but it also would have been nice to have a change of scenery. It will be good. Elder Garrett and I had fun last transfer so it should be fun with him again. He was hoping he was going to train someone, though, but he said he’s happy we are still together - whatever!
The weather here has been crazy! Last week for two or three days it was soooo hot! It was in the low 90’s with 100 percent humidity. It was ridiculous!! And then the past three days it has been story and raining! I don’t know what the deal is. This country is weird! lol. I guess it was supposed to be really cold today and rain through Thursday, but....today it’s pretty warm and there’s clear skies. There is so much mud and stuff in our area. My shoes and pants are so dirty. That’s the only bad part about the rain, other than that I love it.
So it was raining hard all day this past Saturday and we weren’t sure if Daniel would show up to his baptism, but he did! It was pretty sad. There were only nine of us total at the baptism because of the rain. But it went really well and the spirit was good. Daniel felt really good, he said, so that’s all that matters. There is a family. The lady is a member but hasn’t’ been active forever. She’s with this guy who’s our investigator (his name is also Daniel) but they aren’t married. Well, a part of their house caught on fire a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know if mentioned it. Their faith has been so strong. They have been going to church and really relying on the Lord right now. The lady (Susana) never really wanted to get married. She has two kids and they aren’t Daniels’. Yesterday she mentioned that she does want to get married now, which is really exciting because he really likes the church and wants to get baptized. So, hopefully this week they will have a date to get married and then we can set a baptismal date with him! It has also been going really well with the family who President Argyle came and taught with us (Flia Moralez). They are the family who lost their son a couple of weeks ago. Last night we taught them and watched the movie "Together Forever" with them. It was amazing! The spirit was so strong, probably one of the strongest times I’ve felt the spirit so far. They also read and prayed about the Book of Mormon, and last night they told us they knew it was true and wanted to keep learning more. The best part is that they are married and they also have two other kids who are old enough to get baptized. So they have a date to get baptized the 28th of November! The mom has been really sad about her son this past week, because it’s really hitting her that her son died and there haven’t been as many people around visiting her so it’s been tough for her. We shared experiences and told her how sometimes we can feel the presence of people who have died, like family members, and I think her son was there last night. The Mom really felt at peace. It’s hard to explain the feeling but it’s amazing what the spirit can do to us. It just strengthened my testimony that there really is a life after this where we can be with our families forever, and how that’s our goal for this life - to learn and rely on the Lord and do the best we can because it doesn’t matter what things we have or what we go through in this life. We all have the power to choose to be sad or to be happy. And it is with the Lord that we can feel that happiness and peace. It is when we don’t rely on the Lord that we feel sad, then when bad things happen to us that’s when things get worse. Like I said last week, the peoples’ examples to me here are amazing. I talked about how the members were always diligent in doing their best in church and making sacrifices. And now I have investigators that know this is the true church and have had hard things happen to them and they are trying to continue and do what they have learned through this TRUE gospel. It’s amazing.
Sounds like everyone is still pretty busy. Hope everyone has a good week. I love and miss you all so much!
Con Amor,
Elder Ludwig


No comments:
Post a Comment