Thursday, December 31, 2009

There are so many blessings the Lord has for us.

Hey everyone!
It was so nice to hear all of you on Christmas! The time flew by soooo fast though, ridiculous!  It was kind of sad to talk to you all but it mostly made me happy because at least I got to talk to you, and I had proof that you all still existed - haah.  Tonight is New Year’s Eve which is crazy.  Argentina does Christmas and New Years the same so I’ll probably be waking up at midnight again to the sound of fireworks, wooo! I don’t really have a problem with that though, it’s fun to see how other people celebrate, even though we don’t really get to see a whole lot. 

Yesterday we had zone conference. It was way, way good as usual. President is awesome!  My favorite part was my interview with him, it’s the best I’ve had with him.  He asked me what I learned from the meeting and things I’ve learned preparing for it.  I told him how it really hit me when I read in “Preach my Gospel" about how we should promise blessings to the people.  Sometimes people need to have something to help them change their thoughts and actions.  I really liked that because I’m loving the people a lot and there are so many blessings the Lord has for all of us. He wants to give us everything.  It’s weird to think still, that as a missionary I am able to promise blessings to people from the Lord because of the plaque I wear and who I represent: our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I also read some talks from April general conference on how the members should help share the gospel.  Visiting the members has really paid off for us. Last week we found 12 new investigators and have 5 baptismal dates for the end of January. We found 2 families through references from the members.  Now we just need to get the less-actives to come, so that’s what we are trying to work on now.  We have over 700 members in our area and less than 100 attend every week.  With our diligence and hard work, the past 2 weeks have been some of the hardest weeks in my mission, but the Lord really blessed us with finding these people.  So if we keep up with our diligence and love for the members and the confidence they have in us, people will start coming and we will also find more people through these efforts. Again, I just felt the Love and spirit President had for me personally on our interview and it was really cool. We will see what happens with our new investigators and try to help the less-actives. But I’m really happy and feel blessed that this area is growing a little bit now because it hadn’t been doing that great.

I love and miss you all so much. Thanks for the letters, love, and support you have shown to me.  ‘Til next Wednesday!

Con amor,
Elder Ludwig


No comments: