Monday, July 26, 2010

I'ts actually a really nice day today!

Hello to my fellow friends and family,

It’s nice to be with you this fine p day here where the birds chirp and the sun shines through my hair. (What a goof!!)

Well, well, well . . . So to start off, it’s been another cold week with the wind blistering my face! Yesterday it rained all day (and I swear it only rains on Sundays) that means those who are lazy didn’t go to church. There were actually a lot of members that did go but we only had one investigator in church today, which was terrible!! That means that the 3 people who were going to get baptized this week didn’t go. We went to go look for one (Gelver) and his neighbor kept knocking and yelling at him to get up but he just didn’t want to. So we're not too sure what to do with him. Rafael and his sister Veleiria didn’t go because the alarm didn’t go off and by the time they woke up it was too late. Rafael can get baptized this week but his sister needs to go to church one more time and he wants to wait ‘til next week to be baptized with her. So, no baptisms this week, which is a total bummer - but next week for sure. We also found a guy (Martin) this past week. We went to look for a reference we got and ended up talking with him. He was busy working so he told us to come by later. So later on in the day we taught him and his mom who just recently moved here from Peru. They both accepted a baptismal date and it was just fantastic. Then that night we got back to our apartment and found out that they don’t live in our area (just barely). They live in the area of Elder Jimenez and his comp. So stinks for us but good for them! We had a lot of appointments that fell through this week so didn’t find a whole lot of investigators. But the ones we did find all accepted baptismal dates! I’m learning to put dates with everyone at this first lesson we have, which is great. A couple of them have to get married first, though. We are going to work on that with them.

On Saturday we did a service project with some of the members. We helped make a new floor for a house in the villa. We had to carry sand, rocks, and cement up a couple of flights of stairs. Then we had to mix it all together to make the cement. Tough stuff. The worst part was that the new floor we were making was right above us, so all of the cement/water was soaking through and we were all getting drenched with cement water. I got pretty dirty - not going to lie! Luckily we have power and hot water again. And so, yes, I took a shower after so no need to worry guys! Oh, and for most of the time I had the lucky job of being on the junky wooden ladder lifting buckets of cement up to the roof. And yes, as you can imagine, now I am so BUFF!!! Ha-ha, I wish.

Tomorrow we have interviews with President. I don’t know if it will be a Zone Conference or what, but it seems like we’ll be there for the majority of the day. I’ll get mail so that’s good, right?

Everything else is going well. Things are good with the comp and I'm adjusting to everything. Everything just takes time. I’m just remembering to be patient and to be an example and I’m trying to teach him about that. We are having fun at the same time, which is always important like I've always said. And things will get better with time, so I just have to be positive and work and do the things that I've learned in the past.

Well let’s see.... it’s actually a really nice day today. We got lucky. So we are going to go play soccer with some kids in the ward. So now I'm going to get even more buff. I hope everyone is enjoying the heat and your summer vacations. I'm not jealous at all:/lol. I hope you all have a good week and remember to be happy and positive with everything. I miss and love you all.

Con amor,
Elder Ludwig

No comments: