I was sooo glad to be able to see and talk (skype) with everyone on Christmas! Best present ever! You looked good and happy. I was glad! I didn’t know who was who in Tara's family! They all look alike! All the kids have totally grown up! Can’t wait to see them again!
Christmas Eve we went and had dinner at the Stake President’s house. His wife is from China so we had some Chinese food and some sushi!!! It’s been awhile since I had sushi, it was delish! They gave us a box of Havana alfajores, which are the best and most expensive kind; I haven’t tried one yet, though.
The baptism for Judith and Marisol on Sunday was awesome! We started a little late but that’s all right. We had a good turn out. It was really spiritual and their parents really seemed to enjoy it, too! I was happy to finally have a baptism go through! What a relief! It was actually a miracle how they got baptized. Their mom originally wanted them to wait for awhile. One day we went to visit them. The girls had a couple of questions about the baptism. So we explained a little bit more. At this time, there was no power in the villa. Elder Di Fini and I decided to have them go to the church with us because we knew the Bishop was there and we could also show them what to expect at the baptism. We took advantage of the power being out, because the parents are always working but they were able to go with us. We talked with them and the Bishop at the church for about a half hour. The Bishop helped a lot with their doubts and I could tell they felt the spirit. After we were done, I asked the girls’ parents how they liked the church. Their dad asked if the girls were getting baptized this week. I told him we could do it on Sunday but that Marisol needed to attend church one more time. He said, “O.K.”! Then I asked Marisol if that would be all right with her since she had been a bit hesitant. We told her she was ready and asked her if she would be baptized on Sunday. She said, “Yes”! And her mom was O.K. with it! It was awesome! What a miracle!
And yes, I did get transferred. To a tiny place called Pablo Noguez. I'm in the same zone I was when I was in Vucetich, just a different area. It's a small area and a huge change from where I was but I'm excited. There’s not a ton of people here and not as strong of a baptizing area but we will see what we can do. I am with Elder DeWitt from Mesa Arizona. He’s been out almost a year and seems way cool. I'm excited but I'm def going to miss Chacabuco and the people there!!
(At transfers), a “pretty cute” sister missionary (Ashley Gillum from St. George UT), stopped and talked to me for a second. She found my blog just before entering the MTC and maybe talked to you?
That’s nuts about the White Christmas the Eastern Coast got and crazy about Erin’s flights back to Boston. But at least she’s stuck at home in Vegas and not in some airport.
And that’s way awesome about (cousin) Ryan making the BYU football team! That’s so cool; tell him congrats for me next time you talk to him. I don’t know if I’ll be able to be a BYU fan but, oh well.
Well that’s about all the time I have today, I miss and love you all so much. Have an amazing week and an awesome New Years!!!!
Love,
Drew
Note from Elder Ludwig's family:
As sweet sister Claudia emailed Elder Ludwig's family these photos taken on Christmas day. She was visiting her sister’s family for Christmas. The Yovera family is so generous and kind in feeding the missionaries every Saturday.
Hermanos Ahi les mando fotos del Elder Ludwig con la familia Yovera , donde van a almorzar todo los sabados . Muy espirituales siempre.... Cuidense besos
si llego bien las fotos ,
por favor
me avisan gracias
Hermana Claudia
No comments:
Post a Comment