Monday, January 17, 2011

It's been a slow week

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone has just had an amazing week Things are still kind of slow here in the Pablo Nogues. 

Daniel and his girl broke up; I guess is how you say it in English! We went by Saturday night to visit them and Gisel (his lady friend) told us that they had been arguing for a couple of weeks which is why they didn’t want to get married and that day they got into another fight and he left.

Another investigator we had was Janet, who told us she understands our message and wants to go to church and get baptized.   But she decided to go to a party and drink on Saturday night and not go to church Sunday morning. So it was a sad week; we didn’t have any investigators in church and we still aren’t getting much help from the members. The investigators we have are great but none of them can accept a baptismal date or want to commit to attending church; it’s sad.

There’s a less-active member, Manuel, we’ve visited a few times. One day we invited his mom to listen, also. At first she didn’t want to and then a couple minutes later she sat down and started talking with us. Then we talked about the Book of Mormon.   She gave us the excuse that she wouldn’t have time to read because she’s always taking care of her grandson.  Anyways, a couple of days later we want by to see how the reading went. She started telling us how she’s been kind of sick so we figured that she didn’t read or anything.  Then she told us she read the chapter twice! She didn’t pray though. So we think she’s kind of playing with us; she acts like she doesn’t care and doesn’t want to do anything but then she seems interested at the same time. So who knows what will happen with her. Maybe we will see a miracle.

That’s the only story I have this week, like I said its kind of slow here. I'm not getting down, though, which I'm happy about. I've been reading the talks from last conference and I read one today by Elder Scott on faith and character and loved it.  It’s awesome.  So that helped me along with the other talks.  My comp and I are still willing to work hard so hopefully we will have a better out come this week.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I miss and love you all and hope you have an amazing, awesomely super fantastic week.

Con cartiño y amor,
Elder Ludwig, the Drewser

No comments: