Monday, February 14, 2011

Time's Going by too fast

Hey hey hey,
It’s been a pretty good week. You know like you guys always say, same ol' same ol'. Ha-ha. Nah, it’s been good. My comp’s sweet but talks a lot, like you have no idea. So it keeps things interesting but at the same time I just can’t say much so it gets kind of boring. He’s a really hard worker, though, and is excited to be here in the area. He’s a real loving guy, too, which is cool, and it seems like people like him. It was a tough week, though. We walked so much and no one was home.  We did get to go by to a lot of members. There were a couple of less-actives we found that ended up going to church yesterday so that was awesome. One good part of the week is that last night we had a family night with the Martinez family in our ward. One of their sons has a couple of buddies that have been attending church the past couple of weeks and we finally found a time to teach them. One friend's name is Pablo and the other is Fernando. They love the church (well Pablo a little more) and want to learn more. They have some problems in their families but in FHE we taught about families and how they can be together forever, so I think they liked it. They can get baptized soon so we are hoping to be able to teach them a lot this week.  School is starting up again and they work so it might be a little hard, hopefully we will have some luck. I even made some brownies and they loved them.  I know you want some! The ward is still doing a little better and we are trying to serve the Bishop and the members as much as we can.  I'm still loving the mission and learning a lot so I can’t complain.  There’s something to learn from every situation so I’ve just got to soak it all in and enjoy.  Times going by too fast, I can’t believe I only have 4 months left, really weird to think about. I honestly feel like I just got here!!!! Going to have to work even harder, I guess. I miss and love you all so much.  Thanks for all you do. Til next week -
Love,
Drew

P.S. Happy Valentines Day! 

Today we are playing soccer with some Elders and some kids from the ward so that will be fun. Elder Davis, my comp from the MTC, is our zone leader so I think he will be coming too!! He is a good friend. And we have interviews with President this week.  Well, I gotta go.

No comments: