Well, I actually don’t even know where to start. We have had an amazing week this week. I think our fast really boosted us and helped us so much this week. On Monday during the ward activity we noticed that there was a member who brought a friend. We talked to her during the activity and then taught her again Tuesday morning. She doesn’t live in our area but really loved talking to us and accepted everything really well. She was supposed to come to church yesterday but got really sick so couldn’t. But she accepted a baptismal date and everything, so we will just need to get permission to baptize her here in our area.
Monday night we went and visited a couple of less-active members. Then I felt the impressed to go and visit David. His brothers and sisters we getting kind of annoyed with us because we’ve gone by so often, so we had slowed down on that, but this night we felt like we needed to go by and it def paid off! David’s mom was finally at home! She wasn’t feeling well so asked if she could take a shift off from work and we were led to her house right when she was there. It was only the second time I talked to her since I've been here. We started talking about David’s baptism. She told us that she was trying to change her work schedule so she could start attending church with him and hoped he could be baptized before he turns 10 in the next month or two. She thought that David needed to go to church 3 times before he could get baptized. We explained that he already had gone twice and technically could get baptized this Sunday. Then all of the sudden she said, “Oh, OK, well we will do it this Sunday then!” She said she works everyday all day, but that actually this Sunday she doesn’t work so she could be there for the baptism! We asked David if he wanted to get baptized Sunday and he just got this huge smile and shook his head “yes”. When we left, I couldn’t really believe it. Did this miracle just really occur? It was such a great feeling. After going by soo much, it finally paid off and he got baptized yesterday!!
We had to fill up the font during church. After one of the classes we went and checked on things and the water had stopped! The water tank ran out of water and there wasn’t have any more water in the whole church! Luckily someone had keys to the room and got it going again, but it was kind of scary ha-ha. The baptism went really well, a lot of members stayed after church for the baptism. There was another area in our zone had planned a baptism as well but their building didn’t have hot water so they came over and performed theirs with us. So there were two people who ended up getting baptized, it was so cool. I seriously didn’t think it was real during the whole thing, but it was!
On Tuesday last week, we found a previous investigator, Sergio, who was finally at home. He’s 29; has been to jail, smokes, drinks, and uses drugs a little bit. We talked with him for a while and he told us about his desire to change not only for himself but to be a better example for his little girl and his ex-girlfriend. He said the prayer before we left and just started bawling. It was a really good lesson. The next day we taught him more about repentance and helped him make a list of his addictions and how he was going to overcome them. He accepted a baptismal date as well. A couple of days later we taught him about the “Word of Wisdom”. He went and got his cigarettes from his bed then we watched him destroy them and throw them away! He’s a stud. We are still going to work with him and help him.
We had a fair amount of investigators yesterday at church and we also taught even more lessons this past week then ever before. So out of nowhere, we just had this amazing week and received so many blessings. Now we’ve just got to keep working hard like we have been. So look for more miracles! I love you all so much and am thankful for everything you do. Have an amazing week!
Love,
Drewser
From PS to Mom,
I’m happy you got to be at the temple a lot this week, I miss going to the temple, and that’s cool you guys had that little missionary experience, way to go!! Yes, we heard about Japan, that’s really really sad. A lot of people are asking about it and asking if the world is coming to an end, it’s kind of funny but if they read the scriptures they’d know that there are signs to watch. We need to be ready now and not wait until it’s too late. And, yes, I've just learned to be happy and not let things get to me. Some things we can’t control. But sometimes we let our mind control us and we think bad, negative things and that’s when things get worse. I’m really glad I've learned that. Sometimes I sound like I'm a hippy, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment