Monday, May 23, 2011

Snow Day

Hey everyone!

So this weekend we got an unexpected visit from the snow! Ha! It started Friday afternoon and just kept going and going.  We got trapped for about an hour waiting for the bus and we didn’t have any credit on our phone to call anyone to pick us up. So we used the time to our advantage and made a little snowman. I didn’t have my camera, though, so I don’t have any evidence! .  .  . Then we went to another bus stop and while we were waiting we started throwing snowballs and my comp threw one and then totally slipped and fell . . . Then yesterday we walked out of our house to go to lunch and my comp fell again; got up then 10 seconds later slipped and fell again . . . I think it’s so funny, though, and I haven’t fallen yet so he can’t make fun of me. 

 It was an interesting week, though. We saw Satan working really hard with pretty much all of our investigators. We taught a lot of lessons, which was awesome, but a lot of weird things happened with the people we taught last week. Some aren’t progressing and we weren’t able to find some of them for some reason, was really sad.  I saw a lot of them having sad or hard days but they wouldn’t let us in and it just hurt me knowing that we could have helped and they didn’t let us. . . .  So it was kind of a bittersweet week.  We taught and found some new people but at the same time we weren’t able to help or see a lot of the investigators we had from the last few weeks. It was a trial week but we still have a lot of desire and plans to help and baptize the people.

Hopefully I'll be here to see some of them baptized because I love all of them so much. Cristina also told us she is going on vacations to visit her family next month and doesn’t know when she’s coming back . . . So that’s about it . . . . We are still going to work as hard as we can and not let what happened this past week effect us.

Hope you all have a good week. I miss and love you all. And let me know by next week what you want me to bring you from here so I have time to go buy it.

Love,
Drew

PS - Hey mom! Glad you had an awesome week and good time in NYC.  Sounds like it was a blast; now back to reality!  No we didn’t hear about the rapture or the world ending on the 21st, here . . . 

I think it might be kind of sad when I leave but it hasn’t really sunk in yet.  I love it here and I love the people more than ever so I’m sure it’ll be hard, but I knew before I left that I’d have to go home one day so it’s ok.

It was hard week with the investigators but it was kind of out of our hands  . . .  It was just a week of trial to test our faith and patience.  We kept working hard, though, and had some good success anyways so now we just have to work even harder to find them again.  Everything will turn out all right!


No comments: