Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Thanksgiving" dinner - Good Enough for me! And Zone Conference

Hey everyone!
Sounds like Thanksgiving went pretty well for all of you, I’m glad! Mine was obviously a bit different. We didn’t have mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, unfortunately, but had a really good dinner - chicken, steak and rice. Very flavorful and way good, so that was good enough for me! It was like the first dinner I’ve had here so that was even a treat. I was thankful, though. The family that fed us is such a nice family. The wife got baptized about a month ago and her mom should be getting baptized this week. She says she doesn’t know, I think she will, though. The husband is kind of hard-headed about it. He goes to church and everything, but doesn’t understand a few things in the bible or tithing.  But we are going to keep working on that with him. We also have another guy, S.  I think I told you about him. He should be getting baptized this week, too.  So if everything goes well we will have two this week, which I’m pretty excited about. Daniel and Susana are closer to getting married; they’re still just getting everything figured out with their house, so we are just waiting for that.

Yesterday we had zone conference. I got a lot of letters, which was awesome! I was happy about that! So, whoever wrote me (you know who you are), I’ll be trying to write back as soon as I can - when I have time. I got a couple of pictures, which I liked. So if anyone wants to send me some more pictures sometime, I would love it.  It’s good to see pictures of friends and family because I don’t have many with me.  Zone conference was really good.  It was formatted like our conference with Elder Bednar; questions and answers. It was awesome to just be guided by the spirit in order to receive answers. A lot of the questions were about missionary work and about what Sister and President Argyle have learned this past year. They only have six months left. Elder Garrett and I were talking the other day about agency and how it always leads back to how we need to be agents and act and use our agency in a good way.  If we act and use our agency correctly and also use our faith during difficult times and in the things we need help with, then we are going to progress. I know I talked a lot about that last week; it’s always interesting to think about. Other than that, nothing much has been happening. Not too long of a letter this week! But I keep learning everyday and my testimony has grown so much. I do miss home and everyone especially with Christmas coming up and all but I really am so happy to be here and having all of these amazing experiences that I couldn’t have anywhere else. They are going to help me throughout my life. Thanks for everything all of you do for me and the wonderful examples you are to me. Love you all.
Elder Ludwig

PS to Mom:
I got Christmas package.  It is so weird being here; I’m starting to notice Christmas stuff around but it’s hot! Def. does not feel like Christmas. I’m trying not to think about it; I’m just telling myself there is no Christmas here, but I don't think that is going to work! That’s sad about Brother Ewell, what happened to him? That’s nice that Sis. Ewell’s class was really good, though, and that she took the time to teach and everything . . . Thanks so much for your example and the things and thoughts you share with me.

No comments: