Monday, March 29, 2010

Got to have faith, right? Yep, without a doubt!

Hey everyone,
All is well here in Liners. We held an activity this past week that we have been planning since I got here. We watched the "Testaments" and had popcorn and other refreshments. Sadly, we didn’t get a very good turn out but the most important part is that most all of our investigators came. I don’t know if I mentioned Sandra who we have been teaching. She is a single mom and she has a baptismal date set for herself and her son Damian next week, on the 10th. She also has other kids. Her little girl is 6 so she can’t be baptized yet and she has a 15-year-old who is struggling with drugs and all the other bad things Argentine teenagers do. We taught him once and he read the Book of Mormon a little but it’s going to be harder with him. He hasn’t gone to church yet with his mom, but we will see. Michael Quispe still doesn’t want to be baptized right now. He’s mostly waiting for his parents to first get married and then baptized. But we are still working with him. His parents really want to get baptized and married but they are worried about their wedding party and what the rest of the family will think if they don’t have drinking. Hopefully their families will understand and they can party somewhere else, right? Who knows! We also have a man and his daughter who can get baptized any minute but the mom won’t give her permission and when we go over she always leaves and won’t talk to us. So that’s about it for now as far as  investigators. There’s a couple more, too, but no progress with them right now.

I’m so excited for conference this weekend. I know it’s going to be awesome. I love conference so much now; it’s like the most exciting part of the mission! The bad part is that it isn’t broadcast in our building so we have to try to get our investigators to go to the stake building which is 40 minutes away by bus. I know they will go, though. Got to have faith, right? Yep, without a doubt!

I haven’t had as much time to write the last couple of weeks. Today we had to wait for 3 hours for our new cell phones so we are way behind. My comp is going home soon so he doesn’t care about writing long! Lol. We are going to play soccer with our zone today, which I am pretty stoked about. We usually don’t do that but our Zone Leader wanted to so I’m down with it. Oh, and Boca won last week against River!! That’s the huge rival game down here. But then they lost yesterday pretty badly, ha oops. Everything else is going very well here. The only thing I’m bummed about is missing baseball-opening day, which is the best part of the year. And I’m not there, ridiculous! (Thanks for reminding me, Erin* ha-ha jk). I miss and love you all. Well, talk to you soon. Have an amazing Easter and conference weekend. Learn a lot and don’t fall asleep!

Con amor,
Elder Ludwig

* Drew’s sister Erin is the family's west coast defector and Sox fan living in Boston. Hey, who won the AL division series last year? Oh yeah, almost forgot . . . Angels took out the Sox in 3!

No comments: