Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Hey everyone!
  
So we had transfers today.... and I finally left Vucetich! I am still a little – hmm, I really don’t know what I’m feeling – weird, happy, sad, and excited. Yep, pretty much everything.  So now I am serving in Liniers.  Liniers is a part of the Capital but it’s a lot more laid back.  We aren’t near the main part of the Capital and there aren’t any big buildings like in the Capital. It’s really different than Vucetich.  It covers a pretty small area from what I have seen so far but there are tons of people living within our area.  My companion told me there are about 60 people that attend church every week, which is a little less than Vucetich and it’s a ward here in Linier, sad huh?  I’m going to miss Vucetich. It’s the only place I know!  A lot of people were sad and said they didn’t want me to go when I told them I could be transferred (a couple cried), which was really sad but nothing I can do!  As for my comp, he’s Elder Wessman from Utah.  He lives in the Salt Lake valley and it starts with an “M” but I forget.  He seems pretty cool; I've only been with him for an hour so we will find out.  He has 3 months left in the mission and is the District Leader here, so it looks like I’ll be ¨killing” him like I did to Elder Garrett.

I had no idea how to pack this morning. Luckily I got everything into my bags but I had to leave a couple small things and things I didn’t use behind.  So don’t send any clothes or anything big if you mail anything unless I say so!  And I honestly couldn’t sleep that well last night. I think because of transfers and it’s so hot in our apartment so I am exhausted today. Hopefully I can get some rest before we go out teaching tonight. I am going to miss Vucetich a lot. The next week or so it might be a little hard for me to get used to being in a new area and with new people, but I know I can do it.  

As far as the investigators in Vucetich, Fernando didn’t go to church Sunday so he lost his date and Lidia isn’t interested right now. She keeps going on and off, but one of her girls still loves the church and went this Sunday, so she could possible be getting baptized soon.  Other than that not too much happened this past week. We did a couple service projects for members but that’s it. Hopefully I’ll be able to tell you more about the investigators and everyone here in Liniers next week.  My mind is all over the place, not going to lie. So I'm sure my email is pretty boring. I can’t think of much more to say!  But I love and miss you all.  I was glad to hear everything went well with Cort's blessing and loved the pics that Erin sent. Thanks for everything you do and the examples you are.
Con amor, elder Ludwig










the Barrios of Buenos Aires
C9 - Liniers

Liniers is a barrio of Buenos Aires on the edge of the city.  It is also an important train station and bus hub, connecting western Gran. Buenos Aires with the Buenos Aires metro.  Liniers has a notable commercial area of stores of various sizes and street sellers.  The neighborhood is home to the football Club, Aletico VelezSarsfield and the Liniers stockyard.

 
the first chapel dedicated in South America
Liniers,  Buenos Aires,  April 9, 1939
there are now over 500 Chapels in Argentina alone

No comments: