Hey everyone,
So, good first week in Liniers! We found some new people to teach who seem pretty interested. We also have a family that we are working with too - family Quispe. The 2 daughters were baptized the week before I got here and the son should be getting baptized this weekend, but he still isn’t sure. The parents aren’t married, as usual. The mom wants to (get baptized) and the dad kind of has some doubts but he wants to (a little), too. The main problem they have is - - the rest of the family who are Catholics. The gospel has really changed their family and they really love us and are excited about the Church. The parents should be going today to get a “turn” to get married. In Argentina you have to take a number and then you have to wait 30 days before it’s your “turn” to decide if you want to get married or not, so we will see! The members are way cool here, too. They are really excited about missionary work and help and visit with the investigators a lot! So I’m really excited about that. That will def be a change from my last area. We went by the church the other day during Mutual. They usually combine with the branch. It was awesome to actually see a ton of kids there. The boys were playing basketball and it was pretty funny watching them. They don't really know how to play since they only play soccer down here. The members feed us almost everyday.. And they feed us good! I've probably been eating more healthy here than I did back home. I still haven’t gotten to know tons of the members or the area but I love it here so far. It’s way nice and not campo! I like having civilization and the feeling of being in a normal city.
Yes, my area is next to the mission boundary so Cameron's mission home could possibly be really close. I haven't heard from him forever. There are 6 Elders in our district. Each companionship is assigned to a ward. There are 3 or 4 districts in each zone. The zone consists of all the wards in the Stake.
So, good first week in Liniers! We found some new people to teach who seem pretty interested. We also have a family that we are working with too - family Quispe. The 2 daughters were baptized the week before I got here and the son should be getting baptized this weekend, but he still isn’t sure. The parents aren’t married, as usual. The mom wants to (get baptized) and the dad kind of has some doubts but he wants to (a little), too. The main problem they have is - - the rest of the family who are Catholics. The gospel has really changed their family and they really love us and are excited about the Church. The parents should be going today to get a “turn” to get married. In Argentina you have to take a number and then you have to wait 30 days before it’s your “turn” to decide if you want to get married or not, so we will see! The members are way cool here, too. They are really excited about missionary work and help and visit with the investigators a lot! So I’m really excited about that. That will def be a change from my last area. We went by the church the other day during Mutual. They usually combine with the branch. It was awesome to actually see a ton of kids there. The boys were playing basketball and it was pretty funny watching them. They don't really know how to play since they only play soccer down here. The members feed us almost everyday.. And they feed us good! I've probably been eating more healthy here than I did back home. I still haven’t gotten to know tons of the members or the area but I love it here so far. It’s way nice and not campo! I like having civilization and the feeling of being in a normal city.
Yes, my area is next to the mission boundary so Cameron's mission home could possibly be really close. I haven't heard from him forever. There are 6 Elders in our district. Each companionship is assigned to a ward. There are 3 or 4 districts in each zone. The zone consists of all the wards in the Stake.
There’s not any exciting experiences to tell you about yet. I’m still learning the area and we’re trying to find more people to teach. But it has been awesome and a good first week. We had Stake Conference yesterday and it was also really good. The church was filled! It felt like home.
That stinks about everybody getting sick after Cort's blessing in SLC. I do remember that Thanksgiving in Draper a couple years ago when everyone got sick there, too. That was terrible!
We are going to play some soccer with some boys in the ward and the Elders in our district so I've got to go. I'm happy to be getting some exercise . . . I'm not trunky or tired of being here although I do miss some things about home. We walk all day and I could use a little more sleep at night, so yes I am tired but not tired of being here. I love it here! I love the mission, so no worries. Things are good with Elder Wessman. He's a nice guy and we've been working well together.
Thanks for everything. I love all of you tons. Have a good week and :)
That stinks about everybody getting sick after Cort's blessing in SLC. I do remember that Thanksgiving in Draper a couple years ago when everyone got sick there, too. That was terrible!
We are going to play some soccer with some boys in the ward and the Elders in our district so I've got to go. I'm happy to be getting some exercise . . . I'm not trunky or tired of being here although I do miss some things about home. We walk all day and I could use a little more sleep at night, so yes I am tired but not tired of being here. I love it here! I love the mission, so no worries. Things are good with Elder Wessman. He's a nice guy and we've been working well together.
Thanks for everything. I love all of you tons. Have a good week and :)
Con amor y un beso,


No comments:
Post a Comment