Monday, April 5, 2010

It's about attitude and how we face our challenges

Hey everyone,
Things have been good this week. It was actually kind of slow because it was about a 3 day holiday for Easter here and also we were in the stake center Saturday and Sunday all day for conference. But it was a good week, none the less. We had a lot of good lessons with Sandra and she is progressing. She had a couple of little problems with drinking tea and coffee. When we talked about the Word of Wisdom she said she’d give those up without a problem, which was awesome to hear. She did end up going to one session of conference this past week (yesterday) and she said she loved it. So everything is going well and she’s excited for her baptism this week.

I actually don’t think I’ll be there for it though, which is pretty sad. The Zone Leaders decided that they wanted to do divisions this week because my comp is the District Leader and divisions are a little different now. The leader has to stay in an area until they have a baptism. So we are starting tomorrow and won’t be done until next Sunday or Monday.

But I am actually pretty excited. I’ll be going with Elder Curtis who was comps with my MTC comp awhile back. He’s also been an Assistant to the Pres and is a really good missionary. So I’m excited to be able to learn from him and teach better. From what Elder Davis said, they got along really well and he is way cool. Elder Curtis also played baseball a little bit and wants to play after the mission, too. So this week will be pretty good I think, except for the fact that I won’t be at Sandra’s baptism.

Conference was way, way good!! On Saturday the satellite was broken so we had to watch it in Spanish which was all right but def not the same because we don’t get to hear the speaker’s actual voices and I didn’t get quite as much out of it. We didn’t get to hear priesthood session because it starts way too late here and we needed to be back in our apartment before it started, which is sad. Yesterday we did get to watch it in English, though, even though it was on a lap top and there were about 15 missionaries all huddled around it, ha-ha. Fun experiences, right? I loved Elder Holland’s talk and the talk yesterday from the speaker who started off with the baseball story. The one about how we are all faced with challenges and that it’s all about how we look at our challenges and about our attitude. It was all way, way good though.

When we were walking back to our apartment last night, I started thinking so much about what I had heard but I haven’t had a chance to write down my impressions. There were just so many things I heard in conference that I can use to help me with everything in my life and in becoming the kind of person I want to be. It’s kind of hard to explain - but a lot of things just depend on our attitude and what we do with the things we are given. I felt the spirit so strong in conference, especially with everything said about our Savior Jesus Christ. My testimony has grown sooo much in that subject on the mission. I have a greater Love for Him and His atonement and because of the spirit, I KNOW He lives. I’m so grateful to be here and serve. There are so many things we can always do better in our lives but our Heavenly Father loves us and He is always there for us no matter what happens. But when we are closer to Him and do the things He asks of us no matter how hard things get, we will always receive blessings from Him. Even if we don’t see results right away.

Last week we did play soccer with our zone. We played where the winners stay on until you lose. Even though I'm not best at soccer, I ended up playing for an hour straight. It was awesome being able to run around and get some exercise. We are going to play some more right now, too. And luckily it’s cooling off here so I won’t be dying with hot hot heat or the million percent humidity!

I hope you all have an amazing week. I miss and love you all tons!

With love,
Elder Ludwig

No comments: