Hey everyone!
Sorry it’s way later than usual but we went to hang out with Elder Curtis and go shopping first and now I don’t have much time. I got my Easter package from Mom last Friday...Honestly I didn’t know which to do! I got a bunch of candy AND a workout package (both awesome)....So I guess we will just see who wins the fight between the two, ha-ha. Zone conference was sooo soo good this past week. President Argyle talked about obedience and the Atonement. It was very powerful and spiritual and I learned so much. One thing he said that really stuck out to me was that we are all perfect in something such as tithing, or the word of wisdom, etc. There are many commandments we’ve been given and though we won’t be perfect in all there are some we can obey perfectly. I thought a lot about why we have commandments (or in my case rules). They actually help us to be happy even if we don’t think so at times. The only way we can return to our Heavenly Father is if we try and become like Jesus Christ and try to be perfect like him. Sometimes we fail, but that’s why He gave us the amazing gift of the Atonement.
The week after I got back to Liniers we had our baptism with Damian, Sandra’s son. It was really cool, he’s such I cool kid. We ended up dropping most all of our other investigators because they weren’t progressing. So the past couple of weeks we have been walking and walking and knocking on sooo many doors and talking with everyone we could. And sadly the doors haven’t been opening. It’s been kind of frustrating but it’s testing my diligence. Saturday night we had been walking all day and I was way tired and worn out and it was right before we had to be back in our apartment. We went by this house where we had gone before when nobody was home just to see if we would have some LUCK. We got there and looked for a guy named Daniel. He was actually there! To be honest, I doubted that he would invite us in. He was this huge, fat guy and he came out with no shirt on and smokin his cig. Nice huh? It was just an ugly situation. We told him who we were and he invited us in! Really a blessing. We taught his daughter and wife as well. They are the Isa family. And they’re Muslims, fancy that, but don’t really practice it. They were way interested and everything and are excited for us to come back! It was such a blessing. I remember walking into our apartment when we got back and quickly wanting to pray to our Heavenly father and thanking him for blessing us with finding them, especially after not having much success for awhile. It was an awesome experience.
So the divisions we had were nine days, total I think. And they were probably the best nine days in the mission. I became way good friends with Elder Curtis and he taught me so much. I ended up setting a goal for baptisms that I hope to complete before my mission after talking with Elder Curtis and hearing about his goals. Our mission doesn’t baptize that much even though it’s South America. I will have to get five baptisms every transfer when I hit my year mark to be on track. And that’s tough. I am willing to push myself and reach that goal though because I felt really prompted to set the goal. I know as I give everything I have, HF will help me. I know it will be hard but bringing salvation to people never has been easy. I know all these experiences I’ve had and will have in the mission and all the blessings I receive from the mission will not just be for this life, but for eternity.
I’m so excited about talking to you all on mother’s day! I seriously can’t wait! I love you all so much and appreciate your support. I hope you all have an amazing week!!! Talk to you soon.
Love the one and only,
Elder Andrew Del Ludwig
No comments:
Post a Comment