Hello everyone,
I'm writing you because today is..... P-day, and that’s when I write. Yes! Well this week let’s see.... Tuesday we had our Zone Conference. President Argyle talked a lot about change that will happen when the new president comes and talked a lot about how he is now called by God to be the President of the mission at this time. And though there will be changes, the work will move forward and will progress. He gave an example of how when a prophet dies, the transition is smooth and the new prophet has the authority to keep the church going, and that’s how it will be here. It was really good and very spiritual. The new president will get here the 30th of June. We don’t know when we will get to meet the new president or anything, so we will have to wait for him to get here and let us know what will happen. It’s really strange to think that we are getting a new president. It doesn’t seem real. At the end of the conference their 4 kids all got up and bore their testimonies to us. They all did it in Spanish, way cool! Then their whole family sang a couple versus of a hymn to us, and then we all sang together. While they were singing a lot of missionaries got emotional. Yes, even me, I’ll admit. I started to think of how much President Argyle and his family have helped me this year and their amazing examples. It was sad to think that it was going to be the last time I was going to see them; it was really sad. After that we all got to say 'bye to all of them, which made it worse! When I got to President Argyle, he hugged me, as he did to everyone else, and said "I love you". Then we all sat back down and watched as he and his family left. They don’t really like ¨good-byes¨, though. During Sister Argyle’s testimony she mentioned that in the Celestial Kingdom in their mansion, they are going to have a dinner table with over 400 chairs (for their family and all of their other ¨children¨ or missionaries they've had while they've been here) with our names on a seat. She said that she does not want one chair vacant! It was way cool and so spiritual. Then President Argyle talked about the temple and temple recommends and said he wants us to always be worthy to have a recommend so our seat won’t be vacant at the table. He invited us to do several things so we will always be worthy of a recommend. It was such a great meeting! I will miss them a lot! But I know the new president will have characteristics to help me and teach me more during my last year as well!
This week I have thought a lot about the little blessings that I have in my life, and especially in the mission work. Even though we don’t seem like we have huge blessings all he time, there are little blessings our Heavenly Father gives us always that we can be grateful for. So I have been expressing a lot of thanks for the things the Lord has blessed me with during this time of hard work (as we don’t have a lot of people to teach right now) and for the things I am learning during this time of my mission that will help me for the rest of my life - to keep moving forward with faith and diligence.
One blessing we have been given is a little family. The first time we talked to them was a couple of weeks ago. This past week we got the opportunity to go teach them some more. They read the Book of Mormon and have watched the Restoration movie like 10 times! On Saturday I asked if they’d be baptized on July 10th, and they responded without hesitating. The dad (Lucas) jumped up on his bed and looked at his calendar to see what day it was. It was so cool! But.... there’s always a but . . . they aren’t married and the wife needs to get divorced first and the whole situation is complicated. But they do have some type of document that might work for them to be able to get baptized because they do want to get married. So that’s the only thing that we have to find out first. They did go to church yesterday, and loved it! Lucas talked with the Bishop for like an hour and they felt really happy and welcomed like they were part of a family which they really need right now. I’ve been so happy for that and this blessing the Lord gave us to find them and to see how excited they are! So there might not be a lot, but there are always small blessings we have in our lives from our Father in Heaven. Oh, and they are the Pena family. They have 2 kids ages 7 and 3 and they are going to have another boy in September.
So that has been my week - and the many other blessings that I have received this week from the Lord. In a little but we are going to play soccer with a couple other Elders because we all have the soccer spirit since the World Cup is going on! I hope everyone has an amazing happy week. Remember that we have tons of blessings in our lives!
Love you all - 'til next week,
Elder Ludwig
Hey Mom – Make sure Dad has an amazing birthday this week for me . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment