Monday, June 28, 2010

It's been a good week

Hey everyone,

Things have been good this week, besides the fact that USA lost in the world cup.  But at least Argentina won, which was another crazy experience!

It has been another slow week, and haven’t found a lot of people but we are still staying strong.  The Pena family is still doing awesome!  They went to church again yesterday and continue to feel the spirit with everything and are still way excited.  They do have to wait to get married before they can get baptized, and the wife has to get divorced, which can take a while but they understand and are going to wait. They can’t start anything until after she delivers her baby because it’s going to be pretty complicated and the doctors don’t want her to be stressed about anything so that the baby can be healthy. So that means I most likely won’t be here for their baptisms. I know some elders would be upset because its ¨their¨ baptisms and converts.  But Elder Garrett taught me in the beginning of my mission that these aren’t our baptisms or converts and I know that they will be baptized when the time comes.  I am just so thankful that the Lord has blessed me so that I was able to see them progress and see the changes they’ve had in their lives, which is the best part of the mission! 

We have some old investigators that can get baptized really soon and we are trying to do everything we can to teach them and get them ready but this past week we weren’t able to find like any of them!  It was tough because we were so excited to get them back going to church and things.  But they are having some tough times in their lives too, with deaths in the family and things so they didn’t have time to talk with us much.  But they will come soon! 

I know I say it like every week, but I know the Lord will bless us soon and there’s no need to be discouraged because everything is on the Lord’s time and everything we do is a learning experience.  I hope everyone has an amazing week.  I miss and love you all so much and am so grateful for all of you. :)

Hasta la semana que viene.

Con amor,
Elder Ludwig

Oh, and about the new mission president, their visas got delayed so President Argyle is going to be here for a little bit longer!  We don't know how long it will be but we know that we will have President Argyle here with us for a little bit longer, crazy huh!?
 picture of our zone with President and Sister Argyle and their family taken at last Zone Conference


No comments: