Monday, July 5, 2010

Dios bendiga a las Americas!

Hey everyone!

Well happy Fourth of July to everyone!  It was sad to be here in Argentina but their Independence Day is this Friday, so I’ll just celebrate in behalf of the USA!:)  Well . . . Saturday . . . we all know that Argentina lost!  I’m sure that if there were any Germans in the country on Saturday that they got beaten up pretty bad!  They are crazy for soccer here and no one was happy after they lost.  Most everyone we talked to told us that they cried for hours!  Babies! It’s just a soccer game! After we heard that Argentina lost, the first person we saw asked me if I was German.  I just laughed and said, “No”.  If I’d of said yes, I’d probably be dead - not going to lie.  I gave everyone a hard time because even though the U.S. lost first, they didn’t lose 4 to 0. They didn’t like that too much, ha-ha!

We found a couple of new investigators this past week.  They couldn’t go to church yesterday, though, because they already had something planned but they said next week.  They are way excited about reading the Book of Mormon so we will see what happens.  The Peña family is doing awesome still.  They didn’t go to church yesterday because the wife was sick because of her pregnancy, but we went by yesterday and taught them.  Everyone one missed them at church and they felt bad that they couldn’t go.  They keep telling us how much they want to get baptized and they tell all of their family about us. They are so cool.  Other than that, not too much is going on with any other investigators who are really progressing. Our new Mission President gets in this week and we have a Zone Conference this Saturday, which is sooner than expected because we haven’t finished this transfer yet.  It doesn’t seem like the meeting will last for very long so maybe we will just meet him and talk a little. I’ll let you all know next week what goes down.  Speaking of which, transfers are next week. I have no idea if I'm staying or going, but P-day will be on Tuesday, so that’s when I’ll write.

I have been thinking a lot this week about the pure love of Christ and I've had a better feeling of love for the people and helping them see the importance of this gospel. So hopefully, that can carry on this week and hopefully we will be able to find more people.  Every person has their own needs and their own doubts. Sometimes we can forget that. But if you have a love for everyone and the desire to help them, you’ll be able to understand them better and they will be more open to you.  I’ve also been studying a lot of the things we were taught when Elder Bednar came and trying to apply and act upon everything I've learned.  I’ve learned so much and sometimes I forget to apply the things I've learned. That’s something we always need to work on, but something I've been focusing more on this week.  We need all the help we can get!  Despite not having much going on right now, I am happy for what I do have and am content with that.  Well, I love you all and hope you all have an amazing week.  Smile:)
Con amor,
Drew

Hey Mom . . . I love the 4th of July and thinking about all of the blessings and freedoms we have.  And because of that, we are able to have the restored gospel.  And . . . good thing you decided to read your scriptures (slouching down) during the (baseball) game (when the hard hit foul ball came right at you).  That could’ve been a disaster!

No comments: