Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Farewell Liniers...Bienvenidos Villa 1-11-14

Hello out there to all my dear loved ones,

It's such a great opportunity and privilege to write you this fine (cold) Tuesday.  I am a bit shocked and nervous.  As you can see from my heading, I got transferred! I was actually pretty shocked; I didn’t feel like I would be leaving at all and I loved Liniers even though the work was slow.  Anyways, I am now in Parque Chacabuco in the zone of Congresso, which is still in the capital of Buenos Aires. My new comp is Elder Caon.  He’s from Santa Fe, Argentina and he’s just beginning the 3rd transfer of his mission. I heard from Elder Curtis that this area has been doing very well and that there are a lot of people to teach here. Mainly because it’s just such a huge villa (I also heard it’s one of the most dangerous, but Elder Caon said there haven’t been any problems) called Villa 1-11-14. So I'm excited to work here finding many of the Lords children. Something funny, too, is that in our apartment there are 4 elders and one of the Elders who got here today from Vucetich is Elder Jimenez. Ring a bell? Yep, my old comp Ha-ha now we are living in the same apartment, crazy huh?

Lets see, OK, so to start out - last week - I burned my hand. Way to start off the week! To make the story short, our water heater kept flipping off because there was a draft coming in from outside and it made the pilot light go out. I tried to start it again and I guess there was a bunch of gas still in there, so when I lit the flame out came a huge fireball, ha-ha! It’s not bad at all; it’s just a little bit burned on a couple of my fingers. It hurt for a while so I went to the pharmacy and they said to buy a certain cream. So I did and it’s fine. There’s just a small little scar/burn, but not very noticeable, cool huh?

Last Monday night we found an awesome family! If you remember the Issa family, well it’s their neighbor family. We knocked on the door and I told the husband that we had talked to his wife a couple weeks back and without letting me finish talking, he invited us in. We taught him and his wife, their kids, and his brother. They listened and understood everything and they accepted a date for the 7th of August! What a miracle and blessing from Heavenly Father, once again! We also found a woman whose 15-year-old daughter got baptized 2 years ago (and is actually living in my new area). She was also receptive but has some problems with a few people and doesn’t think she can forgive them and doesn’t think she’s ready or worthy to go to church right now because she wants to have everything fixed first. She’s so so ready, though, and I'm sure she will be baptized too. The Peña family was sick this past week so they weren’t able to go to church but we went by to see them a couple of times. They expressed how much they love us and how we are their friends and that they want to keep in contact with us and visit us after our missions. I called them this morning about the change and they were pretty sad to hear I was leaving but they understood and said they would visit me.

I was sad to leave Liniers, there are a lot of good people and there is tons of potential. But we just gotta move forward.

Meeting the new Mission President on Saturday went really well. He and his wife seem way cool and nice. And he is a funny guy! He reminds me a lot of dad...smart, funny, goofy, with white bushy hair:). I’m excited to work with him and we will see if he starts changing anything right now or keeps things how they are for awhile. We had lunch after with a couple of other zones. I got to see a couple Elders from the mtc who I haven’t seen since I got here and I also got to see Elder Davis my mtc comp (who was also comps with Elder Curtis) and we just laughed and joked like always and we all have plans to do stuff after the mission. It was a good day.

We got mail, too, which I was stoked about. A lot of really good letters and packages! Love you all! Well I don’t have much more time. I'm so grateful for all of you and love you all soo so so much!! Thanks for your examples and support. ‘ Til next week.

Con Amor,
Elder Drew Ludwig

No comments: