Last P-Day email to sister, Erin.
Hey hey hey,
You’re right about how hard work pays off. We found a lot of other people this past week, which was a blessing. And there’s a big difference when you teach for teaching (or numbers) and when you teach because you love the people. I’ve been trying to teach more because I love the people and sometimes it’s hard when I’m tired or when they still don’t understand the importance of simple things but that’s why you just got to keep moving forward with hard work and patience.
Golly whizz, you know more Argentines than I do now ha-ha. What’s the deal with that? lol. This past week we have been mainly working in the villa, and we haven’t heard from the lady in the nicer part yet (: Yesterday was kids day (like Mothers day but for kids) and so all the villa gangsters (called villeros) were out robbing all weekend.
Friday night within 5 minutes we saw (#?) people get robbed, one with guns. We weren’t even in the villa either we were right outside of it - crazy people. But the nonsense carried on... On Saturday night at the end of our day, we walked out of the villa and went to the area next to it called El Barrio, because we had to visit an investigator so he’d go to church on Sunday. I didn’t feel good about entering El Barrio but I knew we had to. We knocked on the door and the investigator’s friend answered and went to get him. He came back and told us that he was coming to the door, that’s when it happened...I was looking to the right and then I felt someone reaching in my back pocket lol (luckily it wasn’t my comp, ha) and I turned around and there were 3 punks (2 with guns) and they robbed us!!!! They were like 16 or 17 years old and short. I wish I could’ve just beaten them up . . . I‘ll tell you why. You want to know what they robbed from me? . . . My PEN!! And that’s it, ha-ha. If you’re going to rob someone at least do a good job!! Right? My comp felt bad for them and ended up giving them 2 pesos ha-ha. They wanted money and cell phones. I had 20 pesos but they were too dumb to check my shirt pocket. So that’s tight huh? Darn villeros. So, that’s just a little bit more info for you about the villa, ha-ha.
. . . Keep being an example to your peoples. Miss and love you tons. Oh, and when I visit you when I get back we will def have to call up your Argentine friend . . . your bro Drew
1 comment:
That is crazy stuff! I heard thats just what its like out there and riots and choas is normal. A couple missionaries there I heard were in the middle of gun fire not too long ago. Good thing the Lord is there with the missionaries. Way to have such a great attitude Elder! Glad you guys are safe and it was just a pen.
Post a Comment