Well how’s everybody doing? That’s wonderful! This past week was another wonderful week. And yes Rafael and Valeria did get baptized this past Saturday!! It was great! They invited a ton of friends, and there were a lot of members that went, too. It helps that there were 3 other activities at the church. Most of the friends that came for the baptism were little kids and they were all goofing off and such as kids do, so we didn’t get a lot of new investigators out of it but that’s O.K. we will ask for their addresses this week.
Saturday was a busy day, though. I was way stressed making sure everything turned out amazing but I forgot that it never turns out exactly the way we picture it. Sometimes I get lost in making sure everything turns out good instead of enjoying the special occasion. That happens a lot in life doesn’t it? But it was very spiritual and an awesome baptism anyways. When I baptized Valeria, she kind of forgot to plug her nose when she went it the water and I don’t think she was expecting to go down as fast as I dunked her either, which resulted in some water in her nose ha-ha. She came up had gasped for air pretty loud, but she was fine. It was funny and we all laughed about it after.
The rest of this week was pretty good. We taught a lot of people. The only thing that wasn’t good was that we only had 1 new investigator until Sunday! Very bad! I didn’t like that but we kept working and yesterday the Lord poured out his blessings on us again and we found 5 new investigators yesterday. The one we found during the week (Wilder) went well. At the end of the lesson I felt prompted to ask who else lived in the house that we could teach (because someone else answered the door) and he told me his 3 nephews, one of which opened the door. So before we left I went to meet them and told them that we taught Wilder and wanted to talk to them too. They accepted but were working so I told them we would come back Sunday when we were going to come back to talk with Wilder. But I made the mistake of not teaching them at that moment because they all stopped working and were way interested. I felt bad the whole rest of the week after I noticed that I missed out on finding 3 more people. The whole rest of the week I asked Heavenly Father to forgive me and bless Wilder’s nephews to be there on Sunday. So yesterday we went and Wilder wasn’t there but one of the nephews was (only one though :( ) He was about to leave but he invited us in. Right when we started talking, Wilder’s wife walked in and I invited her to listen and mentioned we had talked to her husband. Though we weren’t able to talk with all 3 nephews we did talk with one and the wife. The nephew though, (Daniel), is what some missionaries like to say, is a ¨golden investigator. ¨ He’s from Bolivia and has been in Argentina for a year and has been looking for a church to go to. He’s way humble and asked us when church was so he could get baptized! Ha-ha! Awesome, huh? He loved the book of Mormon and the experience of Joseph Smith. He easily accepted a baptismal date, as well as Wilder’s wife. The spirit was strong during the lesson and I knew they could feel something. Also we have been teaching a family (Jose and Margarita) who were having some problems, one of which José was losing his beliefs in God. We have been teaching them for a while. Margarita loves when we come but José doesn’t like it as much. We had an amazing lesson last week, though, about the Proclamation on the Family and the law of chastity. Ever since then something has changed with them, especially José. He’s been to the church twice to play soccer and they took their whole family this past week to an activity at the church, and most importantly they went to church yesterday!
Every week the Lord continues to bless us. I don't know why, but it’s incredible! That’s the thing I love seeing on the mission, the way the people change with this gospel and how it unifies families! Awesome. So those were some of the miracles and blessings from the Lord this week. Every week they’re more and more! Hopefully you all understood my stories ha-ha. I hope you all have an amazing week and are seeing the blessings that the Lord gives you throughout this week.
Is it still way hot in Vegas? A couple of days last week it was soo warm here. I even had a day where I wore short sleeves! It was a bit chilly but I couldn’t resist! But then it went back to freezing cold and rainy. Oh well, it should be starting to warm up in the next couple of weeks.
Oh, and a reminder next week is transfers so you can all write before Tuesday. One more day for all the slackers out there! I miss and love you all!
Hasta la semana que viene,
Elder Ludwig
P.S. Pics are from the baptism and one from the sunrise in our apartment :)
No comments:
Post a Comment