Hey everyone,
This week was just dandy. We taught, we found new investigators, we ate, we slept, and we did everything that missionaries do, ha-ha. I really didn’t know how to start off the letter so I ended up writing that, pretty lame huh? We had a really good week, there’s been better but there's been worse. But it was just amazing like every week.
First off, everything is going good with Mica and her baptism this week! She's way smart, she's just really really shy. She’s opened up a lot with us but when we teach her and ask her questions she’s scared to respond even though she knows the answer, its funny. Her mom is still learning, so Mica doesn’t get a lot of help from her mom but we are teaching both of them, which is good. Gelver was also supposed to get baptized this week, but he didn’t come to church! He already has assistance and everything but attended in Peru. So the bishop wants him to come one more time to our ward because he’s only been once, before he can get baptized. He said it was for sure this week that he was coming because he didn’t have to work or anything. We went by nearly everyday to see how he was doing and talked about the baptism. We called Saturday night and reminded him that we were going to come by his house before church. Then Sunday we went there and he wasn’t home and didn’t attend church! We don’t know what happened but we will talk to him and we will just have to baptize him the 9th, right?
A couple weeks ago I mentioned (I think), that I was craving some baptisms. Well, we continue to find a lot of people to teach who are way excited but they don’t come to church! The Lord is still putting people in our way, though.
Yesterday we received a new family from a different ward. The two kids recently got baptized but the parents haven’t. The dad hasn’t had much interest in the church but we are going to talk to them this Wednesday. The mom (Ilda) is way nice and from what it seems, has the desire to get baptized. Let’s just hope they are married!
We also had an amazing lesson on Friday! About 50 members from our ward went to the Uruguay temple this past week. But we got lucky because there is a kid who’s filling out his mission papers and didn’t have school Thursday or Friday so he worked with us both of those days. He took us to one of his best friend’s home (who got baptized a couple years ago and is the only member in his family but is less-active). He was sick but his mom (Ilda) was there. She has been to church a couple of times but really never felt anything special. She’s catholic but doesn’t attend church and she explained that she’s never felt anything in any church and she just feels empty. Let me just say she talks a lot! But is way nice. Anyways, she was talking a bunch and asking about the church and what not. We were there for about an hour, which is a lot of time. But then I just started asking about something she had said and how she needed to study the scriptures to find her answer. I started talking about prayer and explaining how she could find an answer through prayer and that she'd be able to feel it. I started to explain something else and then stopped myself. I felt the spirit so strongly and then I just simply asked her how she was feeling. She told us she felt calm. She stopped talking so much and there was this peaceful feeling in the room. I asked her where that feeling came from, she said her heart. So I asked from whom. She told me God. I paused, then asked how she knew it came from God. She didn’t say anything for a couple of seconds and then she just started bawling and she said she couldn’t express what she was feeling but it felt good. She kept telling us over and over that that had never happened to her and she’s not a person to cry. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had for a long time. The crazy thing is that we didn’t teach her much of anything, just asked her questions and she felt the spirit strongly. She couldn't go to church yesterday because she had people coming to visit but she said she was going to come for sure and that she has felt for a while that she has needed to go and that the Lord has been knocking at her door. The only bad thing is that she doesn’t live in our area but right on the boundaries of another area. Her son got baptized in our ward with the permission of the bishop, so we are going to talk to the bishop to see if we can keep teaching her or if the other Elders will. But either way, it was an amazing lesson and she is so prepared to get baptized.
Like I always say, the Lord is really blessing us every week. We didn’t have many investigators at church again, but I know the Lord is going to show us the children He is preparing and they will attend.
I’m still running a couple times of week and trying to keep my figure! I was a little sick last week. It was actually really weird. I had this pain in my stomach and my body was weak. I didn’t have the stomach flu or anything, which was why it was weird, but I'm all good now. I just worked through it and it eventually went away, which I'm happy about. The big 21 is next Monday! I'm getting old! Just my luck, though, we have transfers next week so I’ll have to wait to get emails until Tuesday! There’s a couple of members that know it's my b-day, though, and are inviting me over so that’s tight. My last Argentine b-day :(!! I’ll have to make it a good one. I can’t wait for conference this week! Aren’t you excited?! Well I miss and l love you all tons! Keep smiling and having fun in all your moments - even when the times are tough. The lord will bless us through our faith and patience. 'Til next week my family and friends and to those who read this, whomever you may be.
Con amor,
Elder drew
No comments:
Post a Comment