Monday, September 20, 2010

A lot of New Investigators

 Hey everyone,

 This week has been good.  We were able to find a lot of new investigators this week again which always feels nice. The bad part is that they didn’t come to church. I don’t know what the deal is. They always say they are going to come and they don't and we go look for them.  But things are going to keep getting better with that. 

I had divisions this week with one of the Zone Leaders. It went really good and we had some great lessons. This week has been awesome; teaching with inspired questions.  We have had some really spiritual lessons.  The investigators are understanding things a lot better and learning for themselves. It’s been really good. 

This week we talked to a recent convert (she got baptized before I got here) and found out that her daughter was never baptized. Her name is Mika and she's 9.  Elder Caon never told me about her, but now we know. We had her baptism planned for this weekend but the whole ward is going to the temple in Uruguay for 3 days and won’t be here on Saturday.  The Zone Leaders are telling us to do whatever possible to have the baptism this weekend but we can’t really go against what the Bishop says so we will see what happens. We also have a lady and her daughter who should be getting baptized the 9th of October. They are Tania and Rosa.  They are from the Dominican Republic  and are way awesome and just laugh all the time!! It’s crazy!  We also have 2 others that have baptismal dates - Gelver and Carlos - for the 3rd of October.  So we should be having some baptisms in the next couple of weeks.  Seems like every week the Lord just continues to bless us.  The people and the progress of people just shows up out of nowhere! I love it. 

Our Zone Conference went really well and was very spiritual. We practiced asking inspired questions and really listening to what the investigators are saying.  It helped a lot.  We met with another zone, which happened to be with my last zone - Liniers! So I got to see a lot of my old friends from that zone and Elder Lopez, my old comp! It was great. 

Elder Lopez told me that Michael Quispe finally got baptized and that he wanted me to baptize him but the Zone Leaders said "no" because I'm in a different zone. But the important part is that he got baptized. I was way happy to hear it! From what he said, Michael got robbed and that’s when he realized he needed to get baptized (he already had a strong testimony). So I was happy about that.

That’s about it for me, I think.  Everything is going well with Elder Gardner. We are getting along and having fun.  That helps in our teaching.  We have started to run in the park a couple times a week because I wanted to lose some pounds. And It’s helped. I’m not getting fat, though, so no worries.  I'm just trying to get my 6-pack, ha-ha.  I’ve been way tired as usual, though. We have been working a lot and have taught tons of lessons this past week. My body is wearing out.  I don't how it’s going to last for 9 more months! 

From P.S. to Mom . . . That’s awesome you’ll be able to go to the Women Broadcast (in the Conference Center while in SLC for Kate’s baptism) with all the girls.  That will be awesome. Maybe they will take a pic of you guys  and I’ll see it in the next Liahona! . . . I did get the (birthday) packages!! Thanks so much.  I wasn’t sure when to open them but I got tempted and did - oops. I didn’t read the cards yet, I’ll wait for those 'cause they are more special . . . I'm surviving with what I have so I don’t need anything else . . . That’s crazy Cameron got called as AP, he must be a stud! I got a letter from him, too, so I’ll write and give him a hard time about it.

I hope you have another amazing week filled with happiness! I LOVE YOU.

Con amor,
Elder Ludwig



No comments: