Hey Mom,
So who’s on the top half of the globe right now? I wouldn’t know! I don’t even know where I am down here; I still don’t know where north or south is in this city! I really wished I could be there to see the live nativity you and Dad are going to be in. I would totally try and make you laugh. Sounds like a crazy role you got, though, climbing up ladders and then get rock climbing harnesses on and such - sounds fun! Are you afraid of heights? That’s really cool that Moapa HS dedicated the tennis courts to Jace Davis and hearing about the sweet experience his mom had on her birthday. Is it still tough for them sometimes? . . .
I'm just going to write some of the things that have happened this week in my email to you because I don’t have time to write a separate email to everyone. Rodrigo was sick Saturday when we were going to have our second lesson with him. Last Tuesday, though, we had an awesome lesson with him and his member friends. He was excited to read the Book of Mormon and had a lot of questions and was just really interested. But yesterday we found out from the member that Rodrigo’s mom might not be liking him listening to us. Rodrigo is 18; so there’s no problem. But his mom has been fishy with the member who goes by and tries to talk to Rodrigo all the time. Seems like there’s always something that gets in the way with our investigators. Satan is really working hard all of the time to make sure that no one is learning about the truth. It’s sad. It’s really hard sometimes to see these amazing people and then watch them not progress because they fall into Satan’s temptations and traps. Jose decided the he doesn’t want to get married right now because Inese has debt and if they get married he’d lose a lot of his possessions, too. But they are working on everything else. He’s reading and loves talking to us still but there’s nothing we can really do until they resolve their problems. Mica went to church yesterday; she’s so cute. She said she still wants to get baptized but she thinks her Mom doesn’t want her to. I told her we’d talk to her Mom some more. I’m also going to do divisions with Elder Jimenez this week and have a FHE with the members this Saturday. Pres Gulbrandsen showed us a way to get more references and get the members to work with us more. So we will also set up an appointment with Mica, her mom and the Bishop. We also have another couple, Marcos (a less-active member) and Anain, his wife (or his woman, since they aren’t married). She’s really interested and is looking for something better in her life and is awesome. She’s been to church twice. They only thing is they have had a couple of little problems with their relationship so they are undecided about getting married or just separating for now. That’s about all with the investigators. We are still finding a lot of people to teach but none that are really progressing.
Could you just email that part to everyone that I usually email so they know I didn’t forget to email them? Thanks.
Also, I really liked the story bishop Lish told in Primary yesterday. Actually this past week was kind of hard. . . . I know it’s the Lord’s hand, though, that I need to find – that His hand is extended towards me to lift me up. So thanks for sharing that - I needed it.
Oh and next week is transfers so I’ll be e-mailing on Tuesday.
Love you,
Drew
No comments:
Post a Comment