Hello everyone,
It sounds like the nativity was a success! I wish I could have seen it! We went and saw the Christmas devotional by the First Presidency yesterday. It was way good! It makes me miss Christmas in the states. Obviously they celebrate it here, but it’s way different so you don’t get the same effect. Yes, I’ve been listening to the (Christmas and gospel) CD’s you sent me (for my birthday). I love them.
This week has been good, though there wasn’t anything extremely exciting. I did hit my 18-month mark, crazy! We had 6 investigators at church yesterday, which was really good! That bad part is that Judith and Marisol didn’t go!!! And neither did Rodrigo! We aren’t sure why. We had some good lessons with Judith and Marisol on Friday and Saturday. They said they were excited for their baptisms. At first Marisol said she didn’t want to get baptized because she had seen other churches’ baptisms here and some of them have the people wear a white dress all day long and it’s really weird, so she thought she was going to have to do that and was all nervous. But then we explained it wasn’t like that and she’d be baptized in white and that’s it. She was a bit relieved. Yesterday the member went to go pick them up for church and she said she kept knocking and knocking but they never came out. They had some relatives that were moving back to Bolivia, so maybe they were up late or not there. They were excited to go, though, so who knows! Now we have to wait another week for their baptisms ;(. We have tried to visit Rodrigo every day and he’s never there. So Saturday we finally got a hold of him on his phone and told him we’ve passed by. He told us he was kind of nervous and scared about the baptism. I know he’s received an answer but probably doesn’t recognize it. But it’s kind of hard to explain and talk to him when we can never find him! It’s tough. He told us that he was coming to go to church and then didn’t show up either, ahh! But one day they will get baptized. Mica went to church but nothing much has happened yet. We are still trying to help her and her mom understand some things a little better so we are just going to have to wait for a while. There is another kid I think I told you about a while ago, named Alejandro. He’s friends with a family in our ward and he’s gone to church forever and said he wanted to wait to get baptized when school was out. Well, he finally came back to church yesterday because school here ends this week. When I was talking to him, I asked how school was and when he got over. He said, “On Thursday! You know what that means”. So he’s another one that we will be able to be baptized soon!
Well I hope you all have a good week, I miss and love you all tons.
Love,
Drew
No comments:
Post a Comment