Hey everyone,
It’s hot! I love the summer weather but the humidity is just terrible! We had a pretty good week this past week.
Mica did not end up getting baptized! :( It was sad. She had another interview and Elder Hales thought she needed to be a little more prepared. I think part of it was that she is way shy when she’s around someone she doesn’t know but she also doesn’t have much support from her mom, since she’s a new convert herself, and her dad doesn’t do anything to help her with anything. So it’s really sad. But we are going to go by everyday this week and help her understand things a little better and hopefully everything will turn out good this next weekend. Rodrigo didn’t go to church again, either, he overslept last week and probably did again yesterday. He also doesn’t have much support from the member family he knows which doesn’t help us at all but we are getting by, I guess. He has his date set for the 18th since he needs to go to church one more time. Marisol and Judith couldn’t attend church either yesterday. The member that always goes to pick them up said something came up and they couldn’t go, but they will be attending next week. They have been attending other activities at the church, though, so things are still good with them. We did have another girl come to church though; Giovana who is 12. She has attended church a lot in the past couple of years but was never baptized. She and her 2 other siblings all have baptismal dates for the 25th but can get baptized earlier. This week was great, though, and we have 11 people with baptismal dates! I’m way happy.
We have had tons of blessings from the Lord and He is showing us and giving us a lot of miracles! But with my luck, I’ll probably get transferred right before they all get baptized ha-ha, we will see. I’m just happy for the blessings we have been given and the success we are having. We had a really good fast and testimony meeting yesterday, too, so it was a pretty good week I would say!
I also made pancakes twice and French toast this morning, awesome huh? Ha-ha, just don’t want to get fat, though. We are at an internet place that’s really, really expensive so I can’t write too much. We went to the Casa Rosada today and are shopping around on Florida Street, which has tons of really good stores. So we are in a touristy area and that’s why internet is so expensive. Well I hope you all have a good week. I love you all.
Con amor,
Drew
P.S. The ceiling painting is in the Burger King; it's 3 stories high. It was an old building they bought and converted; there are tons of old paintings and things all around it. Way cool. And the other photo is of me in front of La Casa Rosada (the President’s house)
No comments:
Post a Comment