Monday, April 18, 2011

peace.love.snow

Hey everyone out there,

What’s going on?! Here? Well, let’s see. We’ve seen a lot of blessings this week, but at the same time a lot of trials, which kind of held us back a little bit.  We didn’t find a lot of people and none of our investigators attended church! Terrible, but hey it happens. It’s not the first time, and I'm trying to make it the last! But on the plus side, we have talked to a lot of people and have found a lot of part-member families.  We just haven’t been able to find them at home or at a time we could go in. So we do have a lot of appointments and there’s a bunch of people that are still way close to getting baptized. So I'm stoked and I'm learning so much and putting all my trust in the Lord, and He’s definitely leading us in His work. 

Cristina is still progressing pretty well.  The only thing that’s holding her back is her boyfriend. He has a tough time in doing small things and has a lot of doubts about life in general and doesn’t have much faith. So even though they both want to get married, they still haven’t done what they need to do and we feel like we need to focus more on him since she has a testimony and everything and he’s the obstacle right now. But I love them both; they are awesome and so nice. They have a little boy who is a baller too.  He has curly hair like Corey Matthews in ‘Boy Meets World’ and he’s just starting to learn how to walk so it’s fun. 

We still haven’t been able to find Mario - he’s never home! Hopefully we’ll get lucky again 'cuz he has a lot of potential. My comp was kind of sick, too, so we lost a bit of time during the week but we are doing good - learning a lot from each other and growing together as well. So these next couple of weeks should be good. I have so many desires to baptize. I love this area. I’m a baptism chaser, remember? Remember?  Ha-ha.

And about Chile, we had planned to go this week but.... our leaders still haven’t let us know yet if we can go or not. But it should be this week.  There’s one kid there who really wants to be baptized and I think 2 other possibilities, so if we pull some magic out of our sleeves (I mean use the spirit ha-ha) we could get 3 baptisms! So, like always, there’s tons of people and opportunities.  We’ve just got to find them at the right time and wish for the best.  We are looking good and moving forward - legit!

I'm attaching a couple pics from last week’s extravaganza and our little cabin.  I love you all and I’ll be hearing and talking to you soon!

peace.love. and snow. 
LOVE YOU,
Drewser:)

1 comment:

Da Bergs said...

What an awesome blog!!! :)