Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Desire without a plan is just a dream; They exist and are always there to help; Turning weaknesses to strengths.

. . . when you are gloomy or sad, sometimes the only thing that can help is our Heavenly Father. He knows us personally and knows what we need in our lives and he is ALWAYS there to help and listen. I loved the letter from Seth. Seems like he’s tearing it up. That’s awesome. I loved the scripture he mentioned about clarity. It’s sooo true about how people try to complicate everything way toooo much, especially the Gospel. Things are so clear in the scriptures and it amazes me when people don’t accept the Book of Mormon because they just don’t understand. We need to understand the teachings of Christ more clearly. I also love the scripture Jace used for his mission plaque, Ether 12:27. That’s something that I have learned and something I’m trying to help my comp learn. All of us have weaknesses and all of us are different.  But we can always improve and we can always help others with their weaknesses. As a missionary, I’m trying to help other people in having their weaknesses become strengths and help them to see things more clearly. But at the same time, it’s helping me too. Everyday when I pray before I study, I always ask that I will understand things clearly and that I will be able to understand them well enough to help the members and investigators understand them clearly. I’ve always liked to keep it simple in my life, why complicate things? lol....I love hearing about my friends on missions and seeing how much they are growing. How are Mat and Cameron?

Yesterday we had a great conference with Elder Aidukaitis. The spirit was so strong. He gave some points and scriptures that were amazing. One thing I loved that he said, was about our desires. He said that a desire, without a plan, is just a dream. The he went on to say that we have to ask, and then work for things. The first thing he mentioned was obedience, and how it’s the first law of the Gospel. If we aren’t obedient, God doesn’t give us any promise of blessings, or the ‘mansions’ that have been prepared for us in heaven. After that, President Argyle talked a little. Elder Aidukaitis gave an example of how amazing Pres and Sister Argyle are and said it’s because they love God before they love one another, and because they Love God first, they have a greater love for one another. And that’s what we should look for in a girl in the future. I don’t have all my notes and things from what he said with me but it was awesome.

I had an amazing experience the other week. We were with a member and she was talking about how her friend was in this band or religion that believes in God but worship and talk with angels of the Devil or something. I had a weird feeling the whole time. On the way back to our apartment on the bus, I just kept thinking about that. How there are evil spirits on the earth. I had these dark kind of feelings but then I felt this peace that I have never felt before. I sat on the bus and it seemed like nothing else existed. I had this amazing feeling that Heavenly Father and Christ were with me and that they were they watching over me. Obviously, I didn’t see them but I KNEW they were there and exist. I know they are real and are watching over us every second of the day. I don’t know if that makes sense but it was an awesome experience and testimony grower.

We changed the baptism for Alahi to next week. He has read and read the Book of Mormon but he doesn’t really understand the simple things even though he’s really smart, weird lol. So we are going to wait until he prays specifically. We haven’t heard from Maria, and no one else is really progressing right now besides Alahi, but we have some appointments this week with old investigators who want to listen again.

It has rained a lot the past week, almost everyday. One day it was raining soooo hard and my umbrella broke so it didn’t really help much (I got another one, though, so don’t worry). My pants were soaked and water got all in my shoes and everything. It was fun! I just shouted with laughter to Elder Jimenez that, “this is crazy!”. Everyone was looking at us because we were the only ones walking in the streets out in the rain. At least it cooled off a little bit, but now it’s back to the heat again.

Hope you have a better week. Thanks for all you do. I miss you and love you sooooo much.

Your son,
Elder Ludwig

click here to read more about Zone Conference with Elder Adukaitis

PS to sister,
 . . . yes I'm still sweating my behind off, well at least today.  It rained almost everyday for the past week, which cooled things off a little.  But at the same time I got really wet, lol.  Last week was good.  On Pday, we ended up just playing soccer, it was  over 100 degrees though, it was insane.  I did pretty good for not having played in like 10 years.  It was nice to run and play a sport.  My body misses that.  I'm not in shape anymore, it's sad. . . Thanks for the letter and package.  I miss you tons.  Hope you have a happy valentines and anniversary too. It will be another year without a valentines for me:( dang.  Maybe in 2 years yeah? nah doubt it.  Have a good week.
love you drew
 Saturday, Feb 6th

No comments: